The Document Archive contains transcribed documents that relate to Exercise Tiger. The Trust’s aim is to provide a single source of information to assist relatives, researchers and those in academia, to discover more about the event.
The Trust validates the authenticity of the documentation where possible and transcribes the documents as accurately as possible, including any errors or omissions that appear in the original manuscript.
Furthermore, The Trust aims to provide all these documents in PDF form where possible and as funds permit.
As we acquire more documents and articles, we will place them here for reference.
If you like what we do, please consider making a small donation to help us continue this valuable work.
To view a document, simply click on a document title.
The documents are listed alphabetically. Please Note: Some documents are still awaiting the new styling to be applied. We are trying to complete this as soon as possible. But, apologies for any inconvenience.
- Account of Exercise Tiger
- Account of RAFVR Pilot, Mr Pete Nevill
- Barnes Review Article – 1998
- Declassified Report – April 30th, 1944
- Declassified Report – LST515/A16/A9-8 Enclosure (A)
- Declassified Report – LST515/A16/A9-8 Serial 122
- Declassified Report – LST515/A16/A9-8 Serial 124
- Declassified Report – LST515/A16/A9-8 Serial 124 (2)
- Declassified Report – USS LST511
- Declassified Report – USS LST511 Casualty Report Table
- Declassified Report – USS LST511 Enclosure (A)
- Ed Panter Article
- Excerpt from “Front Line Surgeons”
- German Comments on Operation
- German E-Boat Logs – Part 1
- German E-Boat Logs – Part 2
- German E-Boat Logs – Part 3
- German E-Boat Logs – Part 4
- German E-Boat Logs – Part 5
- John Haddock Article
- Known Survivors List
- Lieu. J F Murdock Debrief Transcription
- Newspaper Report 1 – April 1944
- Newspaper Report 2 – August 1944
- Newspaper Report 3 – 1944
- Newspaper Report 4 – 1954
- Newspaper Report 5 – Summer 1944
- Orders from SHAEF
- Richard Ferguson Article
- South Hams Evacuation Notices
- Stars and Stripes Article
- Statement by E E Eckstam, MD
- Statement by John Robert Lewis Jnr
- Statement by Ken McCaw
- Statement by P.O. Steve Saldon
- Statement by Second Coxswain John Cullen – HMRML 532
- Thomas Glynn Article